Menu

Carbquik, the GREAT dough experience!

When diagnosed I thought I was never going to be able to have doughy stuff ever again. Some of my great things I still miss today are corn dogs. The funny thing is, I never really ate them before I was diagnosed.

After searching and searching I found a forum called 'lowcarbfriends' and experimented with several different things. One of them being CarbQuik. I am very happy I did.

This 3# box of flour is a blend of different things and, I believe, is the low carb alternative to Bisquick.
14g of fiber for its total of 16g of carbs per serving, this somewhat expensive box was a dream come true.
I have also noticed anytime I eat it my numbers react amazingly.

One of my favorite recipes I have is for the potpie that is posted on this site already. Even with putting peas, carrots and green beans, along with other vegetables, and having a sizeable portion, I end up having a low rather than evening out. Sure, the low isnt good, however, it means I can take less insulin when I eat it, and there for save money. Win win! I also get my 'dough' experience!

Some downfalls to Carbquik are the flavor. There is a strange flavor to it for some people. Personally, I don't mind it. My husband doesn't like it. The upside is that depending on what you make, you may or may not taste it. The Chocolate Chip cookies, he can't taste the difference and enjoys a few of those.


Where do I buy it?  Netrition.com

How much is it? $11.99

How much is in a box? 3 pounds

How long does it last? It all depends on what you make. I can make a box last over a month or 2. Sometimes longer if I don't make cookies or other things.

Are there recipes available for this? Absolutely! The Carbquik website has recipes along with the lowcarbfriend forum.  There are even recipes on the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment