Menu

Low-Carb Pancakes - Almond Meal


Recipe taken from About.com

I don't know about you, but eggs can get old for breakfast all the time. Having options are always nice. I was always more of a french toast fan but if I can't have that, Pancakes it is!

These turned out VERY well. Flavorful, a little dry, but very good. Well worth the work in making them. 
My morning sugars tend to be high, so when I get my after numbers I will added them.

Before Meal : 170
After Meal: 88 (2.5 Hours later and took morning meds)


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water (for puffier pancakes, you can use sparkling water)
  • 2 T oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 T sweetener
  • 2 t cinnamon (my addition)
  • 1 t nutmeg (my addition)
  • 2 t vanilla (my addition)
Preparation:
Mix ingredients together and cook as you would other pancakes. I like to use a nonstick pan with a little oil. The only real difference is that they won't "bubble" on top the same way as regular pancakes. Flip them when the underside is brown.

Serve with sugar-free maple syrupEasy Three Berry Syrupstrawberry topping, or other low carb topping.

Yield: Six 4-inch pancakes

Nutritional Information: Each pancake has 1 gram effective carbohydrate, plus 2 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and 155 calories.
The Recipe says they wont bubble like normal pancakes. Mine did, so I'm not sure what they were talking about. This could be why they came out a little dry though. Perhaps I cooked them too long?










OH THEY WERE SO TASTY!!!

PER Pancake (Recipe Yields 6 Pancakes)


No comments:

Post a Comment