Menu

Adriana's Low Carb Pancakes


I've made these a couple times already and they are very tasty. I made one regular batch and one with the pumpkins.  You almost don't need to use syrup.  I was informed that someone added 1/2 tsp Baking Soda and these were quite a bit fluffier. I plan on trying this. 

These did not effect my BG's at all. 

For my first post I thought I'd post this pancake recipe I came up with a few days ago. It was purely an experiment but what resulted was the yummiest, fluffiest, most delicious low carb pancakes i've ever eaten! A friend who doesn't low carb tried one and ended up eating three! She loved them!

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 oz cream cheese softened, I used Philadelphia brand
  • 1 scoop of Jay Robb vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/4 cup golden flax meal
  • 3 drops liquid Splenda for zero carbs or any other low carb sweetener equivalent to 2 tbsp
  • 1/4 cup half and half


Directions:
  1. Beat the softened cream cheese and the two eggs until well combined
  2. Add the half and half, protein powder, flax meal, and liquid Splenda. Mix thoroughly, you will have a nice thick batter
  3. Melt some butter in a skillet (or you could also use oil instead) and drop batter into pan. I used three tablespoons of batter per pancake.
  4. Cook for a few minutes on medium heat. They are very easy to flip they hold together very well.
  5. You might need to add more butter as you cook more pancakes.

YEILD: 8 Pancakes
CARBS: 1.04 NET/ Cake  or 8.35 for entire recipe

For the entire batch:
Net carbs 8.35

Per each pancake:
Net carbs 1.04

Spooky pumpkin pancakes!-   



Add to the original recipe above:

Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp canned pureed pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling but 100% pumpkin
  • I upped the sweetener from 2 tbsp to 1/4 cup. (I used liquid for zero carbs, 6 drops)
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Great with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon!

Net carbs for the entire batch: 10.35
Net carbs per pancake 1.29

No comments:

Post a Comment