Menu

Chayote

I had been reading up on different low carb foods and came across this little gem.

The chayote fruit is used in mostly cooked forms. When cooked, chayote is usually handled like summer squash, it is generally lightly cooked to retain the crisp flavor. Though rare and often regarded as especially unpalatable and tough in texture, raw chayote may be added to salads or salsas, most often marinated with lemon or lime juice. Whether raw or cooked, chayote is a good source of amino acids and vitamin C.









I'm not exactly sure how I came up with the idea to do this, but it tastes fantastic in a Scrambler with tomato, avocado and cheese!

With how Chayote Softens, I am curious if it could be used as a potato replacement or hash browns or something. I will be experimenting some more with it. 






For 1 Cup (132g) of Chayote

No comments:

Post a Comment