Menu

3 Minute Chocolate Cake

This recipe is my "GO TO" recipe when I am craving chocolate. I have been using it now for over a year and STILL love it! It is a very forgiving recipe and you can even get a bit creative with it. I have added a dollop of peanut butter in the center or dropped a few chocolate chips in it. Even added some mint extract.  The sky is the limit with this and it tastes great! Add some cool whip or some low-carb ice cream!

Found on http://www.genaw.com

3 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE 

  • 1/4 cup almond flour, 1 ounce 
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa 
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda 
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted 
  • 1 tablespoon water 
  • 1 egg
Directions:
  1. Mix the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder (& if using-granulated Splenda) in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. 
  2. Stir in butter, water and egg (& if using- liquid Splenda.) 
  3. Mix well with a spoon or fork. 
  4. Scrape batter down evenly with a rubber spatula. 
  5. Cover with plastic wrap * and vent by cutting a small slit in center. 
  6. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute until set but still a little moist on top. (May take up to 2 min depending on microwave - I waited till it pulled away from the sides of the glass)


Cool slightly and serve warm topped with whipped cream or cool completely and frost as desired.
**Can be frozen

[This turned out the be VERY Moist.  I didnt eat it yet, but did try a bite and it is rather tasty. I want to have cool whip with it so, I set it aside for now.]-- 


----UPDATE----  Ate this after it sat in the fridge for a day or so. Still very good after I heated it up a little bit and added cool whip.  Made another one a day or so later and ate it fresh with cool whip. It is REALLY Good. I think I prefer with granulated splenda instead of the liquid.


Makes 2 servings 
With granular Splenda: 
Per Serving: 237 Calories; 22g Fat; 7g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda: 
Per serving: 227 Calories; 22g Fat; 7g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment