Menu

Baking Powder Biscuits

I never thought I was going to be able to have biscuits and jam again. Or Biscuits and gravy! I am now one step closer to getting one of my favorite breakfasts.

I tried 'CHEF GREG'S COUNTRY-STYLE BAKING POWDER BISCUITS' from genaw.com and I have to say they are FANTASTIC! I didn't get the count they estimated for their recipe. I cut the recipe in half because I didn't want to waste that much Carbquik in case the recipe didn't pan out. 

My answer to them- YUM!!!!

The Recipe is as follows: This recipe is 1/2 the original recipe and Yielded 4.5 biscuits. If you want more just double everything except the salt.




Ingredients:
  • 1 cups Carbquik**, 3 ounces (I weighed this on my scale and went by the oz instead)
  • 1/2 tablespoon baking powder 
  • Pinch salt, optional (see comment below) - I skipped this. I would likely add it back in.
  • 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small bits 
  • 1/8 cup heavy cream 
  • 1/8 cup water
  • I added a tsp of Chicken soup base( powdered)
Directions:
  1. Lightly spoon the Carbquik into a measuring cup and level off. Do not tap it. - Again I used Oz measurement instead of a measuring cup. 
  2. Place in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk in the baking powder and salt, if using. 
  3. Cut the cold butter into the Carbquik until it looks like coarse meal. -I used the kitchen aid to cut the butter in. It turned out looking like meal but felt like flour with no butter addition. 
  4. Mix the cream and water; pour into the dry mixture. Mix until the dough forms and comes together, but do not overwork. The dough should be somewhat loose and sticky. 
  5. On parchment paper, very gently pat or roll the dough to 3/4-inch thick. It helps to sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of Carbquik over the top of the dough to prevent sticking.-I think mine were approx 1/2 an inch thick. 
  6. Cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.  
  7. Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 400ยบ 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
** Just because I was curious. I weighted each biscuit before baking them. They were approx: 37g each.  This will give you an idea of the size mine were. 

Let us know if you try these and what you thought!


This is calculated for 4 servings. 
Nutrition Facts per Serving:

  • Calories: 125
  • Fat: 11.2g
  • Carbs: 11.6g
    • Fiber: 9.3g
    • Net Carbs: 2.3g
  • Protein: 4.1g

No comments:

Post a Comment