Menu

DIY Pasta!

I have been looking for a pasta recipe that I could use with my new pasta maker that my mom bought me for Christmas a couple years ago. Most of the recipes I find don't use a press or pasta cutter etc.
I finally found one that seems to work out great! It took me a couple tries but I finally got it to work.

I am going to adjust the recipe a bit with some additional directions from the recipe I found. I found the recipe here and (here. You will have to use a translator for the 2nd link as it is all in german).

The Pasta turns out very good. Though be careful of eating too much since the primary ingredient is soy. You can see an alternate option below with coconut flour - though I have not tested this yet.
Its a bit al dente - but would be EXCELLENT in soup! I only have a fettucini cutter, but I'm sure it would be great for other things as well.

Ingredients:

  • 120 grams Soy Flour 
  • 80 grams Vital Wheat Gluten
  • 2 tsp Salt
  • 2 XL Eggs (Approx 140 grams of egg w/o shell)
  • 2 tsp Oil
  • 2 Tbsp Warm Water
Directions: 
  1. Mix all dry ingredients together
  2. In a separate bowl mix oil, eggs and water (Important to be in a separate bowl)
  3. Slowly (Very important!) Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until the mixture becomes doughy. 
  4. Knead the dough adding more of the dry ingredients until you get a soft slightly tacky/dry dough. 
  5. Wrap in Surran Wrap and let rest for 30+ minutes.
  6. Process the dough in sections through a pasta maker
To Cook Pasta:
  1. Boil water with salt
  2. Add noodles - Watch water carefully as it tends to foam up and overflow
  3. Cook Noodles for 2 minutes. 
  4. Drain and add to meal/soup etc. 
Storing:
  • Store in the refrigerator
  • You can try the freezer though this has not been tested. If anyone does test this, please let us know your results :)
Notes: Option to substitute Soy for Coconut flour. - I haven't tried this but did see this as an option in comments. If using coconut flour you will need to double the eggs


Depending on how thin you roll out the noodles and the style of noodles changes how many servings you will get. 
To make it easier - This is the nutritional value for ALL of the ingredients. Divide by the number of servings you get to find the appropriate values 


No comments:

Post a Comment