Menu

Taco Seasoning

I have tried several different recipes to come up with Taco Seasoning. Some of have been close, and tasty, and some – not so much.
After trying several I put together what I liked from all of them and adjusted where the directions were less than keto friendly. I don’t know about you, but I love taco’s and the store bought packages just aren’t conducive to this way of eating. If you like a bit more spice in your seasoning, add a little more cayenne!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1.5 teaspoons dried minced onion
  • 1.25 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • .75 teaspoon crushed beef bullion cube
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon sweetener (Swerve)
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • dash onion powder
  • ½  Cup Water
  • 1 pound meat (Ground Beef, Chicken, Pork etc)
When making this , its made a little different. I wanted to make sure I avoided the mass amounts of grease that browning hamburger can make (Depends on the kind of meat you are making) so I partially cooked the burger, drained it, then put all of the ingredients above in with the meat and mixed and cooked it the rest of the way.
The original recipe has you mixing all of the ingredients in with the raw meat and cooking it that way, however, if you are using a particular fatty meat – Keto or not – that personally would make me gag. LOL
So Enjoy! Let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment