Menu

FAUX MASHED POTATOES – BETTER

Yes, This is a common recipe with a lot of controversial views. I am actually one of those people that HATE mashed cauliflower. But I watched a few videos on what everyone does to make theirs and figured I’d try it again.
It honestly did not turn out bad this time. In the past when I tried to make this, after a few bites, I couldn’t take anymore with out wanting to toss it across the room.  This time, it was great. There are a few things I did that I haven’t seen on other peoples recipes for it.
Maybe it will work for you.
Ingredients
  • 1 Head of Cauliflower
  • 1/4 c. Butter (maybe more- Excellent with Kerry Gold!)
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 1 T Nutritional Yeast Flakes
  • 1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Chickens Soup Base( I like Orrington Farms)
  • 1.5 – 2 Tsp Parsley
Directions:
  • Chop Cauliflower into even sizes florets.
  • Steam Cauliflower for about 10 min or just under fork tender.
    • Steaming too long will make the end result very watery
  • Place Cauliflower and butter into a food processor
  • Blend until smooth
  • Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well
  • ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment